Configuration and Connection to Webmin Server on Linux Oracle 8.6 Minimal
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Azure
For the VM to work, you need to open ports 22 and 10000 (TCP), in the network properties in Azure Firewall.
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTY application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run PuTTY, enter the VM address in the “Host” field (1) and click “Open” (2) to connect.
- In the opened console, you should enter a username and password that were specified when creating the virtual machine.
- Next text is displayed
- Enter the next command in the console:
$ sudo /usr/libexec/webmin/changepass.pl /etc/webmin root NewPassWord, where NewPassWord is your new password.
- Then accept your admin password, that was specified when creating the virtual machine
- The following message is displayed when a password has been set for the “root” user
Connecting to Webmin
- In your browser, enter https://ip:10000. For example https://220.127.116.11:10000
- When you go to the address, you will need to accept a self-signed certificate, for this, click the <Advanced> button and then <Proceed to “vm_ip” >
- The authorization page will open.
Enter username “root” and NewPassWord in the fields.
- In order to change the Username and Password, you need to click the <root> button.
- For a change, follow these steps:
1) in the <Username> field – enter your nickname;
2) in the <Password> field, choose <Set to>;
3) Enter a new password;
4) Click the <Save> button.
More documentation about Webmin here – Webmin Documentation
Visit Webmin Forum to get answer your question