Configuration and connection to XAMPP PHP on Windows Server 2019 DC
- Press Win + R.
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- The remote desktop window is displayed after the connection
- Launch the “XAMPP Control panel as Administrator” and click “Yes”.
- The control panel is displayed where XAMPP is controlled
XAMPP is located in c:\xampp\ where you will find all the config files
Set component as a service
- To set a component as a service, use corresponding check-box
- Click “Yes”
- Check that services are installed
- Check the service list
XAMPP Firewall Ports
You can find the ports you need in the XAMPP Control Panel to configure how to use XAMPP
- Required ports:
- To change ports click “Config”
- Click “Service and Port Settings”
- In the displayed window, you can change ports of services
To setup Azure firewall rules, refer to – Azure Network Security Groups
To open ports outside to work with services, Windows firewall ports should be opened too.
You can see an error similar to the below when you attempt to start Apache Tomcat through the XAMPP control panel.
To solve the problem open
Documentation can be found locally within your server on the following URL: http://localhost/dashboard/howto.html
You can find XAMPP support on this forum – Apache Friends Support Forum • Index page
FAQ – XAMPP FAQs for Windows