Configuring and connecting to Trac System Server on Windows Server 2019 DC
To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
To work, you must open port 8000 (TCP) in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
Connecting to the server
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R“.
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- To start the Trac System server, click on the “start_server” console shortcut on the desktop.
- Once the console opens, press “Enter” to run the default project. To run your (new) project, enter your (new) project folder name (see step 14) and press “Enter”.
- To open the site, go to the following address in the browser, the shortcut of which is located on the desktop: http://vm_ip:8000
- You will be asked to select the project. The system has already created one project called “Default project” by default.
- To log in as administrator, click “Login”
- Enter login tracadmin (1), password adminpwd (2), and click Sign In (3)
- For further setup and site operations, see the manuals and setup guides. You can find links at the bottom of the page in the “Starting Point” section or the “Help/Guide” link in the upper right of the page.
- To create a new project, click the “create_projects&start_server” shortcut on the desktop.
- In the console that opens, enter:
- new login (1), you can leave the default login, press “Enter”
- new password (2), you can leave the default password, press “Enter”
- folder name (3) for the new project, you can leave the default folder, press “Enter”
- name of the new project (4), press “Enter”
- Specify the database connection string (5), and press “Enter”. By default, a local SQLite database is created in the environment directory. It is also possible to use an existing MySQL or PostgreSQL database (check the connection string syntax in the Trac documentation).
- The new project will be displayed on the start page.
- To delete an existing project, click the “delete_project” shortcut on the desktop.
- In the console that opens, enter the name of the folder of the project to be deleted (1), press “Enter”, press “Y” (2), and press “Enter”.
Now you can use, configure and manage Trac System Server on Windows Server 2019 DC
More information – Trac