Configuration and connection Terraform on Windows Server 2016 DC
For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
Connecting to the server
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”.
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- To manage the Terraform server, click the console shortcut on the desktop.
- In the opened console, you can check the performance of the Terraform server and view its version using the command: terraform -version
- To get useful information about Terraform’s available subcommands enter
Now you can use your own Terraform Software Tool on
Windows Server 2016 DC.
More information in:
What is Terraform | Terraform by HashiCorp
Documentation | Terraform by HashiCorp
Terraform Tutorials – HashiCorp Learn