Settings and connection to Squid Easy Proxy Server on Windows Server 2022 DC
For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
To work, you must open port 3128 (TCP) in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
Connecting to the VM
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Windows server 2022 will open.
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings. Click “Start” (1), then “Settings” (2)
- In Settings, select “Network & Internet”.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the MyIP.com website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.
Check out the following links for further documentation and support for Squid Proxy
SquidFaq – Squid Web Proxy Wiki
Non-English Squid Documentation