Connection to Squid Easy on Ubuntu 18.04 Minimal using Windows Settings
To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open port 3128 (TCP) in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To use the proxy server through the built-in Windows tools, you must open the settings. Click ‘Start’ (1), then ‘Settings’ (2)
- In Settings select “Network & Internet”.
- Go to the “Proxy” section and set the “Use a proxy server” switch to On
In the Address field, enter the address of the VM, and in the Port field, specify 3128. Then click the Save button.
- To check the connection to the proxy server, open the MyIP.com website in any browser and check if your IP address has changed.
Check out the following links for further documentation and support for Squid Proxy
SquidFaq – Squid Web Proxy Wiki
Non-English Squid Documentation