Connection and configuration to PostgreSQL 14 on Windows Server 2022 DC
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open TCP ports 3389, and 5432 in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the virtual machine’s IP and click “Connect”.
- Enter your username and password in the window that appears and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Run pgAdmin.
- By default, you will be asked to set a master password
Set the password and click “OK”.
- Click the server “PostgreSQL 14”
- Enter the password from the file ‘password’ on the desktop
- Your connection is ready
More information – 14: PostgreSQL 14.6 Documentation