Connecting and configuring PostgreSQL 14 on Windows Server 2022 DC Azure
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open TCP ports 3389, and 5432 in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Run pgAdmin.
- By default, you will be asked to set a master password
Set the password and click “OK”.
- Click the server “PostgreSQL 14”
- Enter the password from the file ‘password’ on the desktop
- Your connection is ready
More information – 14: PostgreSQL 14.6 Documentation