Configuration and Connection to Opencast Server on Opencast Server on Debian 10
- Run the VM through Azure Portal. To customize the WEB Radio Server, you need to know the server IP address first. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you should open TCP port – 8080 in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address, http://*vm_ip*:8080.
- When you first open the site enter login – admin and password – opencast to connect
To get a username and password, you must connect to the server over the SSH protocol:
- With the PuTTY application
To do this, you need the PuTTY application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
Run PuTTY, enter the VM address in the “Host” field (1), and click “Open” (2) to connect.
- In the opened console, you will need to enter a username (1) and password (2) that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- Copy the login and password from the file by running the command
> cat /creds.txt
- Insert your login and password into the form and click Login
- To create and configure users, click “Menu->Organization”
- Click “Add user”.
- Enter user data
and set the user’s roles.
- Then click “Submit”. The new user is displayed
Now you can use Opencast Video Processing for EDU.
If you have any questions, please refer to the
Opencast Documentation and Opencast To configure Opencast, please visit https://docs.opencast.org/r/13.x/admin/#configuration/