Connection to NginX on Linux Stream 9 Minimal
- After purchasing and starting the Nginx, you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. You need to select the Container from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “IP Address”.
- Next, you should open port 80 TCP in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To manage the Jellyfin server, you should connect to a VM.
- With OpenSSH
In the Windows 10 operating system (starting with version 1809 ), an OpenSSH client is available, with which you can connect to Linux servers via SSH. If Windows 10 is suitable and the OpenSSH client is installed, you can start connecting via SSH. To do this, launch a normal Windows command prompt and enter the command ” ssh user@*vm_ip*”.
Where “user” is the username that was specified while creating the virtual machine and “*vm_ip*” is the VM IP address.
In the opened console it is necessary to enter a password that was specified while creating the virtual machine.
- With the PuTTy application
To do this, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
In the opened console, you will need to enter a username and password that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- To check that NginX is up and running and get the list of all running nginx processes, enter the command
> ps -ax | grep nginx
- Once nginx is started, it can be controlled by invoking the executable with the -s parameter. Use the following syntax:
nginx -s signal
Where signal may be one of the following:
- stop — fast shutdown
- quit — graceful shutdown
- reload — reloading the configuration file
- reopen — reopening the log files
- To know the NginX version and get help enter nginx -h
- Entering http://*VM_IP* in a browser window opens a test server page
More documentation about NginX here – Beginner’s Guide
Get answer your question – FAQ