Connecting and configuring Navidrome Streaming Server on Linux 7.9
To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open port 4533 (TCP) in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To add audio to the library, you need to upload music to the server.
- With OpenSSH
In the Windows 10 operating system (starting with version 1809 ), an OpenSSH client is available, with which you can connect to Linux servers via SSH. If Windows 10 is suitable and the OpenSSH client is installed, you can start connecting via SSH. To do this, launch a normal Windows command prompt and enter the command “ssh user@*vm_ip*” (1), where “user” is the username that was specified while creating the virtual machine and “*vm_ip*” is the VM IP address.
Then type “Yes” (2) and enter a password (3) that was specified while creating the virtual machine.
- With the PuTTy application
To do this you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field (1) and click “Open” (2) to connect.
In the opened console you will need to enter a username (1) and password (2) that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- All music will be automatically downloaded from the folder
- Being in /home/navidrome/music directory, type the following command for downloading audio:
> sudo wget -O file_name link_to music
> sudo wget -O Omen.mp3 ‘https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download‘
- Also, you create a music folder, in which music will be uploaded. To do this, enter the following commands:
> sudo mkdir %folder_name%
And a command to go to the created folder
> cd %folder_name%
- Now you can go to the admin panel. To access the admin panel, you need to enter http://yourVM’sIP:4533 in the address bar
- A page for creating a user with administrator rights will open. Fill out the form and click Create admin to complete it.
- If you did everything right, then on the main page should appear tracks that you can play directly from the browser.
- You can add more music by repeating steps 4-6. Then return to the site and update the list of songs (it may take some time before audio appears on the server)
More information on setting up and working with Navidrome can be found here