Configuration and Connection to Monit Monitoring Server on Ubuntu 20.04
Configuration of Monit server
- Run the VM through Azure Portal. To customize the Ampache Server, first, you need to know the server IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you should open port 2812 TCP in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- To configure Monit you should connect to a VM.
- With OpenSSH
In the Windows 10 operating system (starting with version 1809 ), an OpenSSH client is available, with which you can connect to Linux servers via SSH. If Windows 10 is suitable and the OpenSSH client is installed, you can start connecting via SSH. To do this, launch a standard Windows command prompt and enter the command ” ssh user@*vm_ip*”.
Where “user” is the username that was specified while creating the virtual machine and “*vm_ip*” is the VM IP address.
In the opened console it is necessary to enter a password that was specified while creating the virtual machine.
- With the PuTTy application
To do this, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field and click “Open” to connect.
In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified while the VM was being created (you’ll not see the password in the console while entering it).
- Type the command “sudo monit -h” in order to get help
- Control files are located in /etc/monit.d/
- They contain a series of service entries and global option statements.
- To create your own control put a new ‘.cfg’ file in this directory – /etc/monit.d/
Connection to Monit server
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http://*vm_ip*:2812.
- The authorization page will open. Use the username ‘admin’ and password ‘monit’ to log in as an administrator.
- Now you can manage and control processes, programs, files, directories and filesystems
More information on setting up and working with Monit can be found here: