Settings and connection to Minecraft Java Game Server for Ubuntu 18.04 Minimal
- For the connection to the server you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
In order for VM to work correctly, you need to open TCP and UDP ports 25565 and 25575 in Azure Firewall
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- Run your client to play the Minecraft Java Edition.
- Click “Multiplayer” in the main menu.
- Click “Add Server”.
- In the window, in the “Server Name” field name the server as you like.In the “Server Address” field enter the IP address of the VM and click “Done”
- In the server list, select the previously added server and click “Join Server”
By using the server you agree to the EULA: Eula | Minecraft
Get your own Minecraft universe!
Manage server settings (optional)
- Download and run Putty, then in the “Host Name” field, enter the address of the VM. Then click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login and password specified while creating the VM.
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the ‘Basic Usage’ tab following the link – Deploy Minecraft: Java Edition Game Servers
- In order to enter these commands, you must enter into the VM console:
- Then go to the directory cd /home/steamuser.
- Now you can enter special commands to control the server. By entering e.g.: $./mcserver dt
you can find out the state of the server
- Also, you can change your config using the command
$sudo nano /home/steamuser/serverfiles/server.properties