Configuration and connection to Minecraft Bedrock Game Server on Red Hat 8.6
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
In order for VM to work correctly, you need to open port 19132 UDP in Azure Firewall
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- Run your client to play the Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
- Click “Play” in the main menu.
- Go to the “Servers” tab and click “Add Server”.
- In the window, in the “Server Name” field, name the server as you like. In the “Server Address” field, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Play”. The “Port” field leaves with no changes
Click ‘Play’ and get your own Minecraft Universe!
Server settings management (optional)
- Download and run PuTTY, then in the “Host Name” field, enter the address of the VM. Then click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console, you will need to enter the login and password specified while creating the VM.
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the “Basic usage” tab following the link – Deploy Minecraft: Bedrock Edition Game Servers
- In order to enter these commands, you must enter
into the VM console.
- Then change the directory cd /home/mcbserver.
- Now you can enter special commands to control the server. By entering e.g.:
$./mcbserver details you can find out the state of the server.
$./mcbserver start you can start the server.
- Also, you can change your config using the command
$sudo nano /home/mcbserver/serverfiles/server.properties
Now you can enjoy playing on your Minecraft server.