Connecting to MariaDB on Windows Server 2016 DC by HeidiSQL
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open TCP ports 3389, 3306 in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- Run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R” to connect to the virtual machine. In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the virtual machine’s IP and click “Connect”.
- Enter your username and password in the window that appears and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Run HeidiSQL.
- In the lower-left corner, click on the ”New” button to create a new session
- In the “Network Type” field, select the “MariaDB or MySQL (TCP/IP)”
- In the “Library” field, select the “libmysql.dll”
- In the “Password” field, paste the password for the file on the desktop
- And click “Open”
- Your MariaDB is ready
More information – MariaDB Server Documentation