Configuration and connection to Jitsi on Linux Stream 8
To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- In the Azure Firewall, you need to open TCP ports: 22, 80, 443, 4443, 4444, 8443, 10000, and UDP port 10000.
Connection to Jitsi server
- Next, you need to go to the address https://*vm_ip*:8443 in the browser (be sure to specify HTTPS).
- You may have to click the “Advanced” button to open the Jitsi page and the link at the bottom.
- Now you can create and connect to the rooms. To do this, enter a name in the “Start a new meeting” field and press “Start meeting”. The list of available rooms is displayed below, just click LMB on it to connect.
Congratulations, you can make video conferences with your colleagues and friends.