Configuration and Connection to Jitsi on Debian 10 Minimal
Creating DNS name through Azure Portal
- The first step is to create a DNS name that will be used for further connection.
You can specify your DNS name (for which an SSL certificate has already been purchased) and skip this step. In this case, we recommend you read the following documentation:
- To create a DNS name through Azure Portal, go to the VM settings in the “Overview” section.
- Go to “DNS name” settings.
- Fill in the “DNS name label” field and click “Save” at the top.
- To work, you should open TCP: 22, 80, 443, 4443, 4444, 8443, 10000, and UDP: 10000 ports in Azure Firewall.
Connection to Jitsi on Debian 10 Minimal
- After you finish creating the server, you can go to https://*dns_name* (be sure to specify HTTPS)
- You may have to click the “Advanced” button to open the jitsi page and then the link at the bottom.
- Now you can create and connect to the rooms. To do this, enter a name in the “Start a new meeting” field and press “Start meeting”. The list of available rooms is displayed below, just click LMB on it to connect.
Congratulations, you can make video conferences with your colleagues and friends.