Configuration and Connection iPerf3 Server on Linux Debian 10 Minimal
- Run the VM through Azure Portal. To customize the Ampache Server, first, you need to know the server IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you should open 5200-5202 (TCP+UDP) ports in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- You need the PuTTy application to connect via SSH to connect to a VM. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you should enter a username and password specified when creating the virtual machine (If you enter a password, it will not be displayed.)
- Type the command “iperf3 -s” in order to run the server
- The server is already running, but for work, you need to install the client part and add it to the iperf3 folder you created for convenience. You can download it from the link – https://iperf.fr/iperf-download.php To start the app you need to run PowerShell or console (right-click in the Start menu)
- In console go to the iperf3 client installation directory (in our case this is C:\Temp\iperf-3)
- To get help in usage, enter the >.\iperf3 -h command
- Enter the command for the connection speed check (for example, for 10 seconds test command is: “.\iperf3 -c xx.xx.xxx.xx -p 5201 -t 10” where instead of xx enter the IP address of your VM)
For more detailed information, you can go to the official website at the link below https://iperf.fr/iperf-servers.php