Configuring and connecting to Gogs Git Service on Debian 10
- To work, you should open ports 3000 TCP in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- Run the VM through Azure Portal. To customize the Wiki.js server, first, you need to create a Gogs DNS name. Click the link
- Here you can create a new domain name or use an existing one.
- Now the VM has a DNS name that is displayed in the ‘Overview’ tab
- After starting the VM you can go to the main page using the created DNS name
- Open a browser on your PC and go to the DNS address http://domain_name:3000, where ‘domain_name’ is the address of your DNS name or DNS name configured on Azure in step 3 (for example http://gog123.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:3000)
- The First-time run configuration page is displayed
- Select database type- SQLite3
- Enter the path: /home/git/gogs/gogs.db
- Enter a new ‘Application name’ (e.g. ‘Gogs’)
- Enter the domain name from step 3
- Enter ‘Application URL’ (http://’domain_name’:3000/)
- Click “Install Gogs”
- Select ‘Register’ on the opened page
- Fill in the registration fields and click ‘Create New Account’
- The first user is created as an administrator
- You can configure your server and create new users using the Admin panel
Now you can use your own Gogs Git Service on Debian 10.
More documentation about Gogs here – What is Gogs?