Configuring and connecting to Gogs Git Service on Linux Stream 8
- To work, you should open port 3000 TCP in the network properties in the Azure firewall.
- Run the VM through Azure Portal. To customize the Wiki.js server, first, you need to create a Gogs DNS name. Click the link
- Here you can create a new domain name or use an existing one.
- Now the VM has a DNS name that is displayed in the ‘Overview’ tab
- After starting the VM you can go to the main page using the created DNS name
- Open a browser on your PC and go to the DNS address http://domain_name:3000, where ‘domain_name’ is the address of your DNS name or DNS name configured on Azure in step 3 (for example http://gog123.eastus.cloudapp.azure.com:3000)
- The First-time run configuration page is displayed
- Select database type- SQLite3
- Enter the path: /home/git/gogs/gogs.db
- Enter a new ‘Application name’ (e.g. ‘Gogs’)
- Enter the domain name from step 3
- Enter ‘Application URL’ (http://’domain_name’:3000/)
- Click “Install Gogs”
- Select ‘Register’ on the opened page
- Fill in the registration fields and click ‘Create New Account
- The first user is created as an administrator
- You can configure your server and create new users using the Admin panel
Now you can use your own Gogs Git Service on Linux Stream 8.
More documentation about Gogs here – What is Gogs?