Configuration and connection to Docker EE on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter
For the connection to the server, you should know the IP address of the VM. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
Connecting to the server
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R“
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- Launch the Windows PowerShell
- To verify that the virtual machine is running, enter the command:
> docker info
- On the desktop, you will find 2 shortcuts to start and stop the Docker daemon. Shortcuts are launched through the context menu using Windows PowerShell.
For more information on creating and launching containers, follow the links:
Run your first Windows container | Microsoft Docs