Docker CE on Linux SUSE Enterprise 12 Minimal
- After purchasing and starting the VM, you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line “Public IP Address”).
- You need the PuTTY application to connect via “ssh” to connect to a VM. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run PuTTY, enter the VM address in the “Host” field and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console, you should enter a username and password specified when creating the virtual machine (the password won’t be displayed while entering).
- After confirming the password, you get into the VM
- To check that Docker is up and running, enter the command
> sudo docker run hello-world
- If, after entering the previous command, you see the “Cannot connect to the Docker daemon” notification, then you are not connected to Docker. To resolve this issue, enter one of the following commands:
> sudo systemctl start docker
> sudo service docker start
- After that, enter the command again > sudo docker run hello-world
- In order to confirm the installation of Docker Compose, you need to run the command:
> docker-compose -version
- For a more detailed description of how Docker works, you can refer to the official documentation by clicking on the link – https://docs.docker.com/compose/gettingstarted/